C O M P E T I T I O NA Competition.
0. Yes, there are prizes. Read on...
1. Anyone can enter up to six pieces. You can replace or retract any or all submissions up until the closing date.
2. I (Liam) will have the right to display any and all entries on my own Web site. However, I will give you credit, and you retain ownership of the work, so you could make prints, have it on your own DA account or whatever. I just want to make sure I can display the entries. I do not ask to be able to make derivative works.
3. Competition starts on 4th May, 2004, and ends on 9th July 2004.
4. There are two categories.
4a. Best use of stock. This will be awarded to the image that makes the most unusual, interesting or effective use of stock images from Liam's "oldbooks" collection at [link]
- you can also use other images, either your own or stock, including of course ~barefootliam-stock
images. Every entry in this category must make prominent use of the "oldbooks" stock.
4b. Barefoot in public. This will be awarded to the most interesting picture of feet or ankles, or of someone barefoot in a public place where this might not be expected. Nudity is allowed (subject to laws, e.g. subject must be at least 18 since it has to go up on DA) but obviously the feet had better be visible in that case
5. Prizes. The winner in each category shall erceive one of the following (Liam will choose which)... (5a) a 5-year all-expenses-paid trip to Mars, complete with space rocket; (5b) a pair of clean, brand new, unworn argyle socks; (5c) a 10th Century Scottish castle with 500 acres of parkland, a fishing river, and a herd of wild haggis; (5d) a one-year subscription to DA; (5e) a one-year membership to the English or Scottish National Trust; (5f) a stick of very dark blue chalk, unchewed; (5g) a US$30 Amazon gift certificate.
6. If there are fewer than 10 entrants in a category, the prize value shall be limited to US$30 in each category. If there are more entrants, I will add 2nd and 3rd prizes, and consider increasing the value of the first prize.
7. All prizes subject to availbility; if there are no Scottish castles available within the budget, I will substitute a different prize.
8. Competition is open to all human registered users of DA, whether or not you have a subscription.
9. To enter, send me a Note with the URL to the piece you want to submit; if it's not on DA, send me a DA Note or email to arrange transfer. Also tell me what colour socks you are wearing, if any.
10. You can submit works of any kind, including poems or oil paintings of 100-metre-high scultures made entirely of ant-legs glued together with melted sealing-wax.
11. The opinion of the Liam shall be final, unwavering and indisputable.
12. No purchase is necessary, but entrants must be able to answer the following skill-testing question: "are you wearing shoes?"updated
to fix broken link.
May the fourth be with you.